How Do I Become A Member? ______________________________
* Joining Mt. Olive Mt. Olive will accept anyone who places their faith and trust in Jesus Christ, and what He did for them on the cross. This step takes the working and conviction of the Holy Spirit upon a person's life...calling and drawing them to be saved. As the Holy Spirit works, this person must admit they are sinners, ask God to forgive them of their sin and remove their sins from them. They then with all their heart, place their faith fully in God in Jesus Christ. The first step of someone after having asked Jesus Christ to come into their heart is to enter into Believer's Baptism.
* Three Requirements for Membership at Mt. Olive
1. Saving Faith The only way to Salvation and spending eternity in Heaven is trusting Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of sins. This choice and step is only the beginning and certainly not the end of what it means to follow Jesus Christ in obedience.
2. Baptism by Immersion Southern Baptists believe that the best way to do something is to simply do it the way Jesus Christ did it. Scriptures in the original language teach that when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, He was in fact immersed. The word 'baptizo' means "a going down under water and coming up." We ask anyone coming to Jesus Christ to be immersed in baptism. Baptism does not save anyone. It is in fact a symbol of what has already happened to a person in Christ Jesus.
3. New Member's Class: "Discovering Church Membership" We ask ALL new members to go through this course as an initial step to having entered into membership at Mt. Olive Baptist Church. The course is eight(8) weeks and covers the basic beliefs in Southern Baptist doctrine and theology and the basic workings of Mt. Olive Baptist Church.
* Four Main Ways to Join Mt. Olive Baptist Church 1. By Profession of Faith and Baptism If you receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord and follow Him in baptism by immersion, we welcome you into our fellowship.
2. By Letter As a Baptist, whose church membership is elsewhere, we will be pleased to welcome you into our church family should God direct you here. We will happily take care of appropriate details by transferring your membership.
3. By Baptism From Another Denomination If you know in your heart that you are saved and want to become a member of Mt. Olive Baptist Church, we invite you to join by baptism. This gives testimony of your salvation and your obedience to His direction.
4. By Statement In the event church membership records are not available for a transfer of membership, or if you were once a Baptist church member but are presently a member of another denomination, we will accept you upon your statement of these conditions.
You may express your desire to fulfill any of the above by presenting yourself during the invitation time at the close of each worship service. Of course, any decision assumes your commitment to being faithful in prayer and participation in our Lord’s work here at Mt. Olive Baptist Church of Crossett.